This is a great healthy side dish to serve with your meal. The turmeric adds a nice pop of colour and the lemon makes it so fresh tasting. Feel free to mix it up and add your favourite vegetables, beans or meat to make it a full meal.
Recipe from Simply Quinoa.
- Cook quinoa until light and fluffy, about 10 – 15 min. (2 parts water to 1 part quinoa)
- Allow the quinoa to cool until it’s warm to the touch, then stir in the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
- If using, stir in add-ins and serve with your favourite dish.
- 1 cup Organic White Quinoa, uncooked (3 cups Cooked Quinoa)
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Juice and zest of ½ a Lemon (about 1 tbsp juice, 1 tsp zest)
- 1½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ – ½ tsp Salt
- optional add-ins: chopped green onions, Thai basil, ground black pepper, cashews, etc.