An Easy to make cake with simple ingredients and tantalizing for any taste buds!
- Put the cranberries in a bowl and cover with warm water for 15 min.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the cranberries, apple, brown sugar, orange zest, orange juice and 1 tsp of the cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In an electric mixing bowl. Beat the eggs on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. With the mixer on medium, add 1 cup of the white sugar, the butter, vanilla and sour cream and beat until just combined. On low speed, slowly add the flour and salt.
- Pour the fruit mixture evenly into a 10 in glass pie plate. Pour the batter over the fruit, covering it completely. Combine the remaining 1 tbsp of white sugar and 1/8 tsp of cinnamon and sprinkle it over the batter.
- Bake for 55- 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean and the fruit is bubbling around the edges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Dried Cranberries - 12 oz, rehydrated
- Granny Smith Apple - 1, peeled, cored and diced
- Light Brown Sugar - ½ cup, lightly packed
- Orange Zest - 1 tbsp grated (2 oranges)
- Orange Juice - ¼ cup freshly squeezed
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 1/8, divided
- Large Eggs - 2, at room temperature
- White Sugar - 1 cup plus 1 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter - ½ cup, melted and slightly cooled
- Pure Vanilla Extract - 1 TSP
- Sour Cream - 1/4 Cup
- All-Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
- Kosher Salt - 1/4 tsp