A scary treat for Halloween or just a healthy muffin for an everyday snack, these muffins are sure to be a hit for all ages.
Image and recipe from Parents Magazine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat 16 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose and whole wheat flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a blender, puree the canola oil, milk, and fresh baby spinach until smooth, then blend in the banana and vanilla.
- Fold the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Fill each prepared muffin well two-thirds full. Bake the muffins until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
- All-Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour - 1 cup
- White Sugar - ¾ cup
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Ground Cinnamon - 1½ tsp
- Canola Oil - ¼ cup
- Milk - ¾ cup
- Fresh Baby Spinach - 6 cups packed
- Large Banana - 1
- Pure Vanilla Extrat - 2 tsp