There's something about the combination of apples and cinnamon together that makes your taste buds happy. They'll definitely be happy with this moist and delicious bread.
Image and adapted recipe from The Baking Chocolatess.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray or parchment paper.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat white sugar and butter together until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add in vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder and add to the creamed mixture. Stir until blended. Add milk and stir until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan, then half of the apple mixture and half of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Lightly push apples into batter.
- Repeat step 5 with the remaining batter, apples and cinnamon sugar. Lightly push apples into batter and swirl the cinnamon sugar using a knife or spoon.
- Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make the glaze, mix the icing sugar with the milk until no lumps remain. Drizzle on top of the cake.
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Milk (or almond milk)
- 2 Apples, peeled and chopped, tossed with 2 tbsp white sugar and 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Icing Sugar
- 1-3 tbsp Milk