A great way to incorporate (or hide) more veggies into your diet in this delicious bread.
Recipe adapted from Make and Takes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 9×5-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, brown sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder in 3 batches, mixing until the batter becomes uniform. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared pans and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Large Eggs - 3
- Vegetable Oil - 1 cup
- Brown Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
- Grated Zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini) - 2 cups
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - ¾ tsp
- All-Purpose Flour - 2 ½ cups
- Cocoa Powder - ½ cup
- Chocolate Chips, Walnuts, Golden Raisins or any other nut or dried fruit (optional) - 1 1/2 cups