Looking to add another cookie to your holiday menu or maybe you’d like to try out something different this year? Look no further than these Butterscotch Chip Cookies. A perfect addition to any holiday table or enjoy them any time of the year.
Image and recipe slightly adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, corn starch, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place butter and dark brown sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the butterscotch chips.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, form tablespoon size balls of cookie dough. Roll balls in brown sugar. Place balls on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Do not over bake. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.
- 2 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Butterscotch Chips
- Extra Dark Brown Sugar for rolling cookies, about 1/2 cup