Enjoy this tasty granola as is or add it to your favourite yogurt for a quick breakfast or snack.
Recipe adapted from Bonny Reichert. The Globe and Mail June 5, 2010.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour ¼ cup maple syrup over the oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread on prepared cookie sheet. Drizzle the remaining ¼ cup maple syrup on top.
- Bake until light golden (approximately 30 minutes) stirring once or twice.
- Place cookie sheet on cooling rack to cool. Mix in 1 cup dried fruit. Store in an air-tight container.
*Also enjoy with: 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, quinoa flakes, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- Large Flake Oats - 2 cups
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut -1 cup
- Maple Syrup - 1/2 cup
- Canola Oil - 1/3 cup
- Mixed Nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans) - ½ cup
- Dried Fruit (dried cherries, blueberries, apricots, etc) - 1 cup