A healthy snack to enjoy on its own or with your favourite yogurt. If you’re not looking for a gluten-free version, just add regular large flake rolled oats.
Recipe adapted from the Canadian Living website.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, hazelnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, apricots, raisins, brown sugar, flaxseeds and sesame seeds.
- In a saucepan, heat together rice syrup, honey, oil, cinnamon and salt over medium heat until blended, about 3 minutes. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread mixture evenly on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake in 325F oven, stirring every 10 minutes and rotating pans halfway through, until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 3 weeks.)
- Wheat-Free Rolled Oats - 5 cups
- Hazelnuts, chopped - 1/2 cup
- Natural Almonds, chopped - 1/2 cup
- Natural Sunflower Seeds - 1/3 cup
- Natural Pumpkin Seeds - 1/3 cup
- Dried Cranberries - 1/3 cup
- Dried Apricots, sliced - 1/3 cup
- Thompson Raisins - 1/4 cup
- Brown Sugar, packed - 1/4 cup
- Flax Seeds - 2 tbsp
- Sesame Seeds - 2 tbsp
- Brown Rice Syrup - 1/3 cup
- Honey - 1/4 cup
- Canola Oil or Butter, melted - 1/4 cup
- Ground Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp