Be the envy of all your friends and make your own chocolates for Valentine’s Day or any occasion.
Image from Dying for Chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl or on a double broiler. Use LOW HEAT. Chocolate burns very easily and very quickly so melt it low and slow. Make sure you stir the chocolate as the wafers will keep their shape.
- Pour enough chocolate into the molds to cover the bottom, about 1/2 full.
- Cut a small piece of caramel and place it into the center of each mold.
- Put one pecan half or a few pecan pieces (depending on the size of your mold) into each mold.
- Fill the mold with chocolate until it is level with the top.
- Place the mold in the fridge for 10-15 min to harden.
- Take the chocolates out carefully so they don't break. Repeat until you have the desired amount of chocolates and/or you run out of supplies.
- 2 – 3 cups Merckens Wafers (white, lite or dark)
- 2 inch cube Merckens Caramel
- ½ - 1 cup Pecan Halves or Pieces
- Chocolate Mold of your choice