“Quinoa is packed with protein, fiber and iron. Try these creamy cookies to sneak some of this superfood into your diet.”
Enjoy these cookies with a hot cup of tea or coffee and satisfy your sweet tooth while remaining a little healthy!
Recipe and photo courtesy of http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/quinoa-chocolate-chip-cookies
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, applesauce, honey, vanilla and salt.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Place in the freezer to set, about 20 minutes. Makes 2 dozen cookies. Enjoy!
- Dark Chocolate Chips -1/4 to 1/3 cup
- Natural Peanut Butter -1/2 cup
- Almond Flour - 1/3 cup
- Sea Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Apple Sauce - 2 TBSP
- Vanilla Extract - 1 TBSP
- Raw Honey or Agave -1/4 cup