A new twist on an old classic recipe.
Image and recipe from Celebrating Sweets.
- Place walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes, until fragrant and toasted. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn. Cool before adding to the chicken salad.
- In a large bowl, whisk mayonnaise, sour cream or yogurt, lemon juice, parsley and dill. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled on bread or lettuce.
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley, minced
- ¼ tsp Dried Dill
- 3 cups Cooked Chicken, shredded or chopped
- ½ cup Celery or Apple, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste