This bread would be great for breakfast or for a midday snack with a cup of tea. It's perfect for making at night and then baking in the morning so it's fresh and warm.
Recipe adapted from a subtle REVELRY.
- Stir together the warm water and yeast until the yeast is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, oil, salt, raisins and cinnamon until combined. Add in the yeast mixture and mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 8x4 loaf pan. Cover with a tea towel and let stand in a warm place for one hour. Cover pan with non-stick foil and chill overnight.
- When ready to bake, let the dough stand uncovered at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is golden and bread sounds hollow when tapped lightly. Cool on wire rack.
- 1½ cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp Dry Active Yeast
- 2¾ cup Bread Flour
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Sultana Raisins
- 1½ tsp Ground Cinnamon