This recipe is simple and easy and a great one to let your kids help you make a yummy snack. You can also substitute in your favourite nut or soy butter to accommodate any allergies at home or at school.
Recipe from Marsha's Baking Addiction.
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil and set aside.
- In a microwaveable bowl, add the peanut butter, honey and brown sugar. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir and repeat. Remove from the microwave, then stir in the vanilla until smooth. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, Rice Krispies and cinnamon. Add the peanut butter mixture and fold in until fully combined. Fold in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips. Don’t worry if your chocolate chips melt a little against the warm mixture.
- Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan, then press the remaining chocolate chips on top. Cover and chill for 2 hours before removing from the pan and cutting into bars.
- ½ cup Peanut Butter (or your favourite nut or soy butter)
- ¼ cup Pure Honey
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Quick Oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Pure Chocolate Chips