A moist and flavourful cake that everyone will love. Keep the icing simple or decorate the cake as fancy as you wish.
Image and slightly adapted recipe from Cooking Classy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 29-inch round cake pans with aluminum foil (or parchment paper), leaving an overhang on 2 sides. Grease with cake pan grease and set aside. (Alternatively, you can use 1 9x13-inch pan and increase the baking time to 40-50 min.)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, combine vegetable oil, applesauce, eggs, white sugar and vanilla. Slowly stir in dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Stir in grated carrots.
- Divide mixture evenly into the prepared cake pans. Bake for 35-39 min until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in cake pans. Lift cakes out of the pan with the foil overhang and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Slowly add in icing sugar and mix until well combined.
- Place bottom cake layer on cake plate. Add icing to the top of the cake. Place the second cake on top of the first one. Add icing to the top and sides of the cake and decorate as desired. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Applesauce
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 3 cups Finely Grated Carrots, lightly packed
- 2/3 cup Pecans, chopped
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 – 8 oz package Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Salted Butter, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Icing Sugar