These bars are chewy and easy to make. Another great thing is that you don't even have to turn your oven on, which comes in handy if you have a craving for a sweet treat on a hot day.
Image and slightly adapted recipe from Tip Hero.
- Line an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Heat over low-heat, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the oats, cinnamon and kosher salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread out the mixture evenly, pressing down.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and the peanut butter. Heat on low in the microwave, in increments of 45 seconds, stirring in between each increment, until melted and fully combined.
- Pour most of the chocolate mixture into the pan over the pressed oats, reserving about ¼ cup for drizzling. Top with the remaining oats and drizzle with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate mixture. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set.
- 1 cup Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Large Flake Oats (or Hilray Wheat-Free Large Flake Oats)
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Pure Chocolate Chips
- ¾ cup Natural Peanut Butter