A very simple yet tasty salad to make that will work for your family dinner or as an addition to a potluck. Feel free to be adventurous and add on your favourite nuts and seeds to give it a new taste.
Recipe from Manila Spoon.
- Combine the coleslaw mix, green onions, almonds and sunflower seeds in a salad bowl. Mix the seasoning packet from the ramen noodles with the oil, cider vinegar and sugar in a separate container.
- Just before serving, break half the ramen noodles into smaller pieces and place on top of the coleslaw mix. Pour the dressing and toss everything to coat. Break the remaining Ramen noodles and scatter on top. Garnish with extra green onions, if desired.
- 1 (14-16 oz) package Coleslaw Mix (Cabbage or Broccoli or a combo)
- 1 bunch Green Onions, sliced thinly
- ½ cup Sliced Almonds, toasted
- ½ cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 (3 oz) package Ramen Noodles, chicken-flavoured
- ½ cup Sunflower (or Peanut) Oil
- 1/3 cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar (or to taste)