There are so many variations on this classic recipe, but we think you’ll fall in love with this one. Enjoy them plain, with sprinkles or with icing.
Slightly adapted recipe from Margot Oliver, Toronto Star Weekend Magazine circa 1950’s
Image from allrecipes
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and both sugars in a large mixing bowl. Blend until light and fluffy.
- Add in rice flour and blend well again.
- Add in all-purpose flour and blend well until incorporated.
- Form into 1 inch balls and flatten lightly with a fork OR roll dough until ¼ inch thick and use your favourite cookie cutters to cut out cookies.
- Place cookies on cookie sheets and put in fridge to chill for 30 min.
- Bake for approximately 30 min until bottoms are slightly golden.
- Salted Butter, softened - 1 lb
- Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
- White Sugar - 1/2 cup
- White Rice Flour - 1 cup
- All-Purpose Flour - 2 1/2 cups
- Coloured Sugar or Sprinkles, optional