For the people that love tacos, this is a great alternative to your favourite dish. It’s a one pot meal to help you make a fast and delicious dinner.
Image and adapted recipe from Damn Delicious
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground beef, onion and garlic. Cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks. Season with the taco spice. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in corn, black turtle beans, tomatoes, salsa, macaroni and water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro and serve.
- Ground Beef - 1 lb
- Onion, diced - 1
- Cloves Garlic, diced - 2
- Taco Spice - 1 tbsp
- Corn Kernels, fresh, frozen or canned - 1 cup
- Black Turtle Beans, drained and rinsed - 1 can (19oz)
- Diced Tomatoes - 1 can (14.5 oz)
- Salsa - 1 cup
- Elbow Macaroni (try our Brown Rice Elbow Macaroni) - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded - 3/4 cup
- Cilantro, chopped - 2 tbsp