A nice and quick cake to make with all the same great flavours you love.
Recipe courtesy of one of our loyal customers.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Grease and line a 8 x 8 x 3 in pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- In a small bowl, dredge the raisins, citron peel and red and green cherries in 2 tbsp cake and pastry flour.
- Add the cake and pastry flour, sweetened condensed milk, baking powder, shredded coconut, brazil nuts, lemon extract and dredged fruit to the creamed mixture and stir until fully mixed.
- Add the mixture to the prepared pan and place the pan on the middle shelf of the oven with a loaf pan containing 1 in of water. Bake for 3 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 1 lb Sultana Raisins
- ½ lb Citron Peel, chopped
- 1 lb Red and Green Glace Cherries
- 3 cups Cake and Pastry Flour
- 1 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- ½ lb Brazil Nuts
- 2 tsp Lemon Extract