This recipe is one of our family favourites. Adjust the taste with different types of nuts and jam and find the combination you like the best.
Image from allrecipes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar together until creamy. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Stir the flour and salt into the butter mixture.
- Beat the egg white with a fork until it is frothy. Arrange chopped nuts on a plate.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Brush lightly with the egg white and then roll in the nuts. Arrange the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Press your thumb into the center of each ball.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- Fill each indentation with a dab of your favourite jam or jelly.
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar, well packed
- 1 Egg, separated
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Favourite Jam or Jelly
- ¾ cup Walnuts, Pecans or Hazelnuts, finely chopped