Looking to make something green for St. Patrick’s Day? Look no further than these healthy brownies with a natural green icing that no one will suspect the mystery ingredient.
Image and recipe from Super Healthy Kids.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 square baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract and sweetener in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 25-30 min.
- Using the whisk attachment for the mixer, beat the avocado and butter until combined and no lumps remain.
- Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Add the icing sugar slowly and mix until combined. Add more icing sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Black Beans, rinsed and drained -1 (15.5oz) can
- Eggs - 3
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Cocoa Powder - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Pure Vanilla Extract - 3 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Sweetener of your choice (Honey, Sugar, etc.) - 1/2 - 3/4 cup
- Avocado, ripe - 1
- Butter, softened - 1 tbsp
- Pure Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp
- Icing Sugar (plus a little more if needed) - 2 cups
- Salt - a pinch