Always wanted to add Chia Seeds into your diet but didn’t really know how? Now’s your chance to give your diet the health kick you need with this easy non-cook protein bars.
One of the acclaimed superfoods and here are a few reasons why:
– Great source of healthy fats, fiber and protein. Just one tablespoon has
– Healthy but without the bad healthy taste as they are tasteless. This makes it easy to add into any of your favourite dishes.
– They expand when they touch liquid, so they are often used as a thickening agent in puddings, smoothies and gluten-free baking.
Breakdown of Benefits: (1 TBSP)
– 70 calories
– 3 grams Omega-3 fatty acids
– 6 grams of fiber
– 3 grams of protein
Adapted from Little Chef Big Appetite
- Grind the almonds and pistachios in the food processor until they become like course sand (not too fine), about 30-40 seconds. Then add the dates and the raisins and grind again for another 30 seconds. Next, add the protein isolate, chia seeds, applesauce and coconut oil. Grind for an additional 30 seconds until the mixture is well combined and moist and slightly sticky. (If the mixture is not moist enough add about 1/2 tbsp more of coconut oil and mix again.)
- Remove the mixture onto a large cutting board. Place a large piece of wax or parchment paper over the mixture and using a rolling pin, roll the mixture into an even thickness. Cut into 6-8 bars and leave on the cutting board. Place the board in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer and wrap individually in saran wrap. To ensure shape and freshness store the bars in the fridge for one week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- No Cooking Required!
- Natural Almonds - 3/4 cup
- Natural Hulled Pistachios - 1/4 cup
- Pitted Dates - 1/4 cup
- Sultana Raisins or Dried Cranberries - 1/4 cup
- Soya Protein Isolate - 1 tbsp
- Chia Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp