This is a recipe that is very versatile; there are many combinations you can make to suit any and all tastes.
Possible toppings to add to your oatmeal: Fresh Berries, Dried Cranberries, Cinnamon, Chia Seeds, Raisins, Toasted Coconut, Sunflower Seeds, Walnuts, Almonds and/or Honey.
Adapted from Lovely Little Kitchen.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, mix together yogurt, milk, oats and brown sugar. Add any fruit, cinnamon or chia seeds at this point if desired.
- Put the bowl into the microwave for 1-2 min. This will help the oats soften. Omit this step if you prefer your oats a little more crunchy.
- Divide into three jars or containers, and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Add additional toppings such as toasted coconut, sunflower seeds, walnut or honey and serve.
- Plain Non-fat Greek yogurt - 1 cup
- Milk - ½ cup
- Steel Cut Oats - ½ cup
- Brown Sugar - 2 tbsp