A delicious and moist pumpkin bread which is perfect on those cool fall days served with a cup of tea. This is definitely a recipe you’ll want to add to your favourite pumpkin recipes.
Image and adapted recipe from The Domestic Rebel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9" loaf pan with cake pan grease and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine all of the above bread ingredients and beat at medium speed with a handheld mixer or stand mixer, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until mixed well.
- Pour the bread mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for approx. 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean or with a couple moist crumbs (not wet). Cool for about 15 minutes, then very gently remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While bread cools, make your glaze: in a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-low heat until melted. Continue cooking, watching butter carefully, until it sizzles and begins to turn amber in color, about 4-5 minutes. Do not overcook because it can quickly burn! When butter looks caramel in colour and smells kind of nutty, it's done. Remove butter from heat and stir in the powdered sugar and maple syrup until a soft glaze has formed.
- Pour the glaze generously over top of the pumpkin loaf and let it set, about 30 minutes. Cut into slices and serve!
- Butter, softened - 1/2 cup
- Dark Brown Sugar - 1 cup
- Canned Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling) - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 1/2 tsp
- Ground Ginger - 1/2 tsp
- Ground Nutmeg - 1/4 tsp
- Ground Cloves - 1/4 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- All-Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cups
FOR GLAZE -
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Icing Sugar - 2 cups
- Pure Maple Syrup - 1 tbsp