This is a great salad for a hot day and is quick and easy to make. You could have this salad year-round, but it would definitely taste better when you can buy fresh, local strawberries and cucumbers.
Image and adapted recipe from The Food Charlatan.
- Wash the strawberries and cucumbers. Stem the strawberries and slice them. You can slice as thin or as thick as you want. Slice the cucumbers thinly with a knife or mandolin.
- In a medium size bowl, layer the strawberries and cucumbers in a fan shape, one after the other. Keep going all the way around.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and honey. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately. This salad can be prepared ahead of time, but don't dress it until right before serving.
- 2 pints Fresh Strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 10-15 Field Cucumbers, sliced thin
- ¼ cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Pure Honey