These cookies combine the perfect amount of chocolate and peppermint to give you an irresistible flavour that you'll keep coming back for more. The cookies are nice and soft with a little bit of crunch on the top from the candy canes. Enjoy!
Recipe from The Baking Chocolatess.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream butter until light and creamy for 2 minutes. Add in sugars and beat until well combined. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until each is fully incorporated into batter. Add in coffee and peppermint extracts and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt using a whisk.
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, (1/4 cup), scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet. Space dough at least 2" apart - 6 per cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Cookies should be starting to firm up but still soft in the middle.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan on a wire rack for at least five minutes. Allow to cool completely prior to storing.
- Melt chocolate chips with canola oil in microwavable bowl, for 20 seconds, and then another 15 seconds if needed, stirring well in between.
- Put the chocolate in an icing bag, snip end and drizzle the chocolate back and forth across cookies. Add crushed candy canes before chocolate has cooled. Let the topping set before storing the cookies. Makes approximately 24 cookies.
- 1 cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup White Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar, tightly packed
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Coffee Extract
- ¼ tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1¾ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1¼ cups Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips, small
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ tsp Canola Oil
- Crushed Candy Canes
* You can substitute coffee extract with 2 tsp vanilla or ½ tsp of peppermint extract.