A healthy but delicious snack that will have you coming back for more. Add in your favourite nuts, seeds or dried fruit for a new variation.
Recipe from Lovely Little Kitchen.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse half of the almonds until they are very finely chopped. Pour them into a large bowl. Then chop the other half of the almonds coarsely, and pour them into the same bowl.
- Pour the oats, salt, and brown sugar into the bowl with the almonds and stir to combine.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine honey and coconut oil, and heat for 40 seconds. Stir to dissolve the coconut oil, and add the vanilla and almond extract.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oats, and stir so that they are evenly coated. Pour the mixture evenly onto the baking sheet (helpful if it has sides).
- Bake for 5 minutes, and then stir and spread back to an even layer. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Pour the granola and onto a piece of wax paper to cool. Spread it out into a thin layer - about 1/2 inch thick. After it cools completely, break the granola into clusters and store in an airtight container.
- 1 cup Natural Whole Almonds, divided (or ½ cup Ground Almonds and ½ cup Sliced Almonds)
- 3 cups Large Flake Oats
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Pure Honey
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Almond Extract